Q1: What is LASER X Hair Removal?
It is a semi-permanent hair reduction method where beams of laser light is used to damage hair follicles. You will be guaranteed with fewer and fewer hairs with every treatment session and the results may last up to 5 years.
Q2: Why LASER X Hair Removal?
Tired of that monthly waxing affair? Banish the muff semi-permanently with guaranteed results!
- Provides you with a semi-permanent hair reduction solution
- Lightens pigmentation
- Helps to reduce the occurence of ingrown hair substantially
Q3: How often do I have to come back for the treatment?
The recommended course of treatment is 6 sessions with 4 weeks interval between each session.
Q4: Can my hair be permanently removed?
It varies depending on your skin and hair condition. However, it is guaranteed that 80% - 85% of your hair will not grow back. The remaining 15% - 20% of your hair will be finer compared to the original hair texture.
Q5: Is the treatment safe?
Yes, it is safe. Some customers may experience mild reddening of the treatment area for a day or so, but other complications are rare. Bubble Gum Wax uses a machine that delivers light energy to the skin very gently and the hand-piece helps to extract heat from the skin for maximum protection when each pulse of light is administered.
Q6: How does LASER X hair removal compare with waxing?
LASER X hair removal produces longer-lasting results and targets hair even before it becomes visible. In addition, re-growth is usually slower after these laser treatments and is generally lighter and thinner in texture.
Q7: What are the body areas that can be treated?
Any body part is safe to undergo LASER X. For full list, please refer to the price chart on our Services section.
LASER X FAQs
Q1: What's the difference between Bikini wax and Brazilian wax?
Bikini wax is a basic tidy; we wax the sides (called your panty line) and across the top. If you're wearing a bikini, this will prevent any hairs from "peek- ing out".
Brazilian wax cleans up everything, from the front all the way to the back and everything in between. This is perfect for a completely nude look or you can leave a neat triangle or small "landing strip" on the front, it’s up to you! Choose your style!
Q2: How long should the length of hair be before I can get waxed?
While it depends on the thickness of the hair, it should be approximately 6mm.
Q3: Is there anything I need to do or know before coming for my treatment?
Advice to keep in mind:
- If you are menstruating, it is NOT recommended to have your Brazilian done as the skin around that area is very sensitive and you will experience more pain during the service. It is also NOT advisable to do a Brazilian wax during that time for hygiene reasons. For best practice, please wait for about 3 - 5 days before or after your menstrual cycle.
- If you are pregnant, please check with your doctor prior to coming for a Brazilian wax. We generally DO NOT do Brazilian waxing for customers who are still in their first trimester.
- If you have just delivered, please wait for 3 months after a natural delivery or 6 months after a caesarean delivery before coming for a Brazilian waxing session.
- If you have undergone any form of surgery, please wait for 6 months before coming to wax said body part.
- If you have been shaving, please stop shaving at least 2 - 3 weeks prior to your waxing appointment.
- If you have sensitive skin, allergic reaction to food, lotion application, or medication, and/or consuming any hormone supplement, please let us know and we will advise you accordingly.
Q4: Will it be awkward? This is my first time and I feel a little shy.
You may feel a little shy in the beginning but the therapist will treat you professionally and put you at ease. And please feel free to ask us anything that you might be feeling uncomfortable with and we will try our best to put you at ease.
Q5: Why is it more painful this time compared to before?
It could be due to various reasons:
- It has been a long time since your last treatment.
- It is too near to your menstrual cycle.
- Hair may be thicker this time due to shaving.
- Changes in your hormones.
- If you have been under stress recently.
Q6: Why does bleeding, rashes or in-grown hair occur after waxing?
Bleeding after waxing is due to 2 main reasons, the skin was too dry or the skin was too thin, thus causing a little peeling in that area. You may encounter a slight discomfort for the next few days. Rashes generally appear on areas where the pores are bigger. So after waxing, the pores are open, thus causing some rashes to occur. In-grown hair happens when a layer of dead skin cells cover the hair shaft. This can be rectified by doing some gentle scrubbing and moisturizing.